Monounsaturated fats (MUFAs) are good fats. Liquid at room temperature, they turn solid when they are chilled. Common sources of MUFAs are olive oil, avocadoes and nuts.
1. Decrease risk of breast cancer.
2. Reduced cholesterol levels
3. Lower risk for heart disease and stroke.
4. Weight loss
5. Less severe pain and stiffness for sufferers of rheumatoid arthritis.
6. Reduced belly fat
Make the Most of MUFAs With These Foods
Great sources of monounsaturated fats are:
• Olive oil
• Tea Seed Oil (more on this new oil below)
• Almonds, cashew nuts and pecans
• Macadamia nuts