Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Batani Ragada Chaat
White Batani - 1 1/2 cups
Water(To Pressure Cook) - 3 cups
Ginger-Garlic Paste- 1 Tb Spn
Cinamon stick- 1 inch
Onions- 1 big(Cut into small pieces. Keep aside some quantity to garnish at the end)
Tomatoes- 4 no.s (Small)
Potatoes- 3 no.s(Small)[Cut into pieces and boil it seperately/ microwave for 10-15 mins]
Dhania powder- 2 Tb spn
Jeera powder- 1 1/2 Tb spn
Garam Masala powder/ Chaat Masala- 2 Tb spn
Pepper- 1/4 Tb spn
Turmeric - 1/8 Tb spn
Amchur(Dry Mango powder)- 1/4 Tbspn(Optional)
Salt (As per taste)
Red chilli powder- 1/2 Tb spn
Sugar- 3/4 Tb spn
Coriander Leaves- For Garnishing
1. First pressure cook the batani with 3 cups of water. After the first whistle keep on low flame for 10 minutes. After 3 whistles switch it off and keep it aside.
2. Take a pan and add oil, After it is hot add Cinamon stick and cardamom. After it is fried add onions. Fry until they turn light brown in colour. Now also add ginger-garlic paste to it and fry it for 5 mins.
3. Now add tomato pieces into it. After it is soft add the microwaved potato pieces into it.
4. Now add all the masala powders - Dhania Powder, Jeera Powder, Garam Masala, Pepper, Amchur,Red chilli powder, salt, turmeric, sugar.
5. Now add cooked batani(along with water, if any).
6.Adjust the consistency. You may add extra water, if needed.
7. Cook it for 10 more minutes, and before switching off add little lime juice.
9. Serve it hot by garnishing it with onion, lemon juice and coriander.