Semya (Vermicelli) -200 gms
Ghee 3 tsp
Cardamoms 5 to 6 nos
- Roast Semya, with a 1 tsp of ghee, to a little brown colour and keep it aside.
- Boil Milk and add the roasted Semya into the milk and cook it in a low to med flame.
- After it is cooked, add Sugar and let it boil in low flame.Then switch it off.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder on the prepared Semya .
- Fry cashew nuts in ghee in another pan. Add this cashew nuts to the semya payasam.
Serve in cups.
When it is piping hot it will be in liquid consistancy, when it is cooled it turns to semi solid.
You can add a little hot milk and re-heat the left-overs and it will be fresh again.