Thursday, May 13, 2010
BEERAKAYA PAPPU KURA/RIDGE GOURD CURRY
Ridge Gourd/ Beerakayalu
Moong Dal- 2 Handfuls
Urad Daal- 2 Tb spns
Red Chillies- 4-5(According to your spice levels)
Green chillies - 4
Mustard seeds- 1 Tb spn
Hing/ Asafoetida- 2 pinches
Salt - To taste
Oil- 2-3 Tb spns
1. Cut the Ridgegourd to bite size as shown in the picture.
2. Boil the ridge gourd pieces in water for 5 minutes.
3. Now add 2 handfuls of washed moong dal into the hot water that containing the ridge gourd pieces.
4. Now let them cook. After they got cook, filter/ strain the remaining water completely. (For this you can use a plate that contains wholes).
5. Let it cool down.
6. Now take a pan and add the seasoning- Urad dal, Mustard seeds, Red chillies, Green chillies, Curry Leaves, Hing. And after that add the cooked ridge guard pieces,daal into the pan and also add salt to taste.
7. Cook for 2 mins and switch off the stove.
This dish will be very nice with rice as well as rotis.My daughter Sri prepared this curry and posted the recipe and the picture of the curry.