- Grated Coconut(optional)
- Salt- To taste
- Red chilli powder
- Mustard seeds
- Chana dal
- Red chillies-2
- Peel the skin of beetroot and boil them in lightly salted water.
- When done let them cool down and cut into small bite sized pieces and keep aside.
- Place a saute pan on medium flame, add some oil to it and add chana dal, red chillies, jeera, mustard seeds and let the seed splutter.
- Add the beet root pieces to the pan, add salt (if necessary) and add red chilli powder and stir them.
- You can add little grated coconut just before you switch off the heat. This is optional.
- Coconut adds a lot of flavor and authentic south Indian flare to it.