Chopped cabbage 2 large cups
Tomatoes Finely chopped-2 no.s
Dhania powder - 1 tsp
Chillie powder -1tsp
Ginger Finely chopped
Urad daal-1/2 tsp
Chana Dal- 1/2 tsp
- Place a kadai on the stove and add 2 tbsp oil,after heating add urad dal,chana dal, mustard seeds, Jeera and Ginger.
- After spluttering,add chopped cabbage and close the lid.Let it cook in low flame with a lid on it( Generally if you add salt to it and close the lid it will give out enough water to cook. You neednot add extra water.)
- After it is half cooked add dhania powder, jeera powder and chilli powder, tomato pieces.
- After tomato and cabbage is fully cooked, Open the lid and cook for 2 mins,so that extra water is evaporated.
- Switch it full when it is fully done.
Very ideal for rotis &rice.
Source-My daughter Sris kitchen.