- Expensive wear of pattu sarees are to be dry cleaned regularly once in 2 to 3 years
- Take care not to have any type of stains such as oily stains
- While sitting and standing that the chairs or sofas donot have exposed nails.Take care of your clothes not to tore by such nails
- While travelling on two wheelers see that the sarees or clothes are to be tucked neatly,to avoid tearings of the clothes and to avoid unexpected accidents.
- Do not wrap the pattu clothes as soon as you remove them.They should be exposed to the fresh air,in order not get any sweat odours.
- If the pattu sarees do have more Zari,then wrap them upside down, to avoid zari wear and tear,and protect the zari work.
- While keeping zari clothes in cupboards,place dried neem leaves or the best is cloves,to avoid bugs.
- While cleaning pattu clothes wash them with water to which kunkudu rasam (ritha seeds)is added.
- Dont dry pattu clothes in direct sun light.But in a balcony or in a shady place they can be dried.
- While ironing pattu clothes,place another thin layer of cloth on them and iron.
- In the cupboards place naphthalene balls where pattu clothes are preserved,this avoid bugs and enrich a lovely fragrance.
Monday, June 7, 2010
PATTU SAREES--SILK CLOTHES
MAINTAINANCE OF PATTU CLOTHES OR SILK CLOTHES: