We can do varieties with toor daal.One such is pappupulusu with tomatoes.On auspicious days when no onion- no garlic variety is required then one can opt for this variety.
- Toor dal -1 cup
- Tamarind juice
- Tomatoes 4 nos -Washed and chopped
- Corriander leaves
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Jeera 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli 3 nos
- Green chillies 4 nos -Chillies are made in to slits
- Hing a pinch
- Haldhi a pinch
- Curry leaves
- Oil 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp channa daal
- 1/2 tsp un cooked rice
- Redchilli 1 no
- Dhannia 1/2 tsp
- Roast the toor dal to light brown colour. Then wash it and pressure cook it until 3 whistles and keep it aside.
- Take a pan on the stove,add oil to it. After the oil is heated,add mustard seeds ,jeera, redchilli slits and allow to pop,next add green chilli slits,curry leaves hing,and haldhi.Fry it.
- Now add tamarind juice, chopped tomatoes, cooked daal, prepared powder and salt to taste.
- Now mix well.Let it cook and boil .
- After it is fully boiled add chopped corriander leaves and switch off.Serve hot.
TOMATO -PESARA PAPPU PULUSU:
we can do pesara pappu pulusu also in the same manner,with moong daal.