Kajji kayalu ,is a snack item which children like to eat in the evenings after school time,and more over it is a simple and easy and safe recipe which can be made in minutes of time..It is a tradtional andhra sweet which consume less oil.
- Maidha 2 cups
- Salt a pinch
- Suji ravva 3/4 th cup
- Grated coconut -1/2 cup
- Sugar 3/4 th cup
- Elaichi powder 1 tsp
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Roast suji ravva in a pan by adding 1 tsp ghee,till light brown and keep it aside.
- Like wise dry roast the dry coconut grate a little,and place in a bowl.
- After they are cool,add suji ravva, grated dry coconut and sugar and elaichi powder ,mix well,store the powder in a container.
- Knead the maidha flour well and make small round balls marble sized.
- Expertisation should be needed in rolling them in to small puris.
- The thickness should be made evenly ,if it is thin in the middle it will break while deep frying and the stuffing will be leaked out..
- After preparing a puri add 1 tbsp of the ravva mixture/powder on one side of the puri.
- Apply a little water to the ends with index finger.
- And affix the 2 ends firmly to join together,and check that the filling will not come out while deep frying.
- Place a pan with oil in it for deep frying.
- Fry in medium heat ,by placing 3 to 4 kajjikayalu at a time.
- Fry them till light brown and place on a tissue paper.Store them after they are cool.