Dibba rotti is also called by several names.It is a quite tasty,crispy uthappam type recipe ideal for evenings.It is a lightly heavy dish made in indian homes..
- Urad daal -1 cup
- Rice ravva - 2 cups
- Oil 1 cup
- Wash and soak urad daal and grind in to a paste,adding water.The consistancy should be like idli batter
- Soak rice ravva in water for 6 hrs ,then drain the water and mix with the urad daal batter.Allow it to ferment atleast for 6 hours.
- Place a thick bottomed pan on the stove and add 2 tsp of oil to it.Next place 2 to 3 laddle fulls of batter,lightly spread it,add 2 to 3 spoons of oil and allow it to shallow fry,covering with a lid,in low to medium heat.After it is done toss it to other side and add 2 tsp oil.Remove it after done.It takes atleast 5 to 10 minutes to shallow fry on both sides.It is crispy and looks spongy..It consumes a little more oil than ordinary dosa or uthappam. It tastes well with onion chutney or besan chutney..
- Chopped Onion 1 cup
- Red mirchi 2 nos
- Tamarind paste 1 tsp
- Dhania seeds 2 tsp
- Jeera 1/2 tsp
- Grind all items together adding very less water(just 1/2 cup) adjust salt and serve ..
- Suitable for even idlis and dosas..
- After eating it increases thirst as it is an oily food..