PANCH DAAL KHICHDI
- Rajma-50 gms
- Channa -50 gms
- Kabuli channa -50 gms
- Moong daal -50 gms
- Urad daal(black gram)-50 gms
- Each variety 1 small cup, Soak them each seperately in different dishes
- Basmathi rice 50 gms
- Green chilli 3 nos
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp(optional)
- Raw coconut 2" piece
- Onions2 nos(chopped)
- Oil 3 to 4 tbsp
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Ghee 1 tbsp( optional)
- Water for cooking
Grind green chillies ,raw coconut ,and ginger in to a paste.
- Wash the soaked daals and micro half boil them in a micro safe bowl at high 900 watts for 10 minutes by adding 3 glasses of water.
- Stir twice in between.Keep aside by covering with a lid.
- Place oil in another micro safe bowl and add chopped onion and micro at 900 w for 2 minutes.
- Remove outside and mix well.
- Now add green chilli,coconut, and ginger paste ,garam masala paste/ powder and mix well.
- Again micro high at 900 w for 1 minute.
- Now add daals ,ginger garlic paste,ghee,stir well and micro high at 900 w for 2 minutes.
- Lastly add pre washed basmathi rice amd micro high for 1 min .
- Now add salt and water and micro high for 21 minutes.
- Stir atleast twice in between..
- Remove outside and cover it with a lid, to settle for 15 minutes.