This is a vey simple, tasty and nutritious soup. It is high in protiens, iron, vitamin A and lots of fiber. This is a yummy way of making kids get all the needed nutrition. Hope you guys will enjoy this soup in the cold weather as much as my family did.
- Toor Dal - 1 Handful
- Chana Dal - 1 Handful
- Urad Dal - 1 Handful
- Moong Dal- 1 Handful
- Whole Moongdal(green) - 1 Handful
- Spinach -1.5 cups
- Tomatoes - 2
- Garlic - 3 finely chopped
- Carrot and peas - 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tb spn
- Ghee (Butter) - 1 Tb spn
- Salt ; Pepper- To taste
- Rinse all the dals in cold water.
- Add the rinsed dals, chopped spinach, water in pressure cooker and cook them.
- Add ghee to a hot saute pan. Once the ghee is melted and starts bubbling up, add the cumin seeds, chooped garlic and pepper corns to it.
- Saute them for 2 mins and add chopped tomoatoes to the pan.
- Once the tomatoes turn soft, add chopped carrots and peas to the pan and saute them. Add salt to sweat the tomatoes faster.
- Cook for 10 mins until the vegetables are soft. Then turn off the heat and keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Add the cooked contents from the pressure cooker and the sauteed vegetables to a blender and blend them.
- Take this blended soup into a pan and heat it. Adjust the consistency by adding water and simmer it for 7-8 mins. (Adjust Salt and/or Pepper to taste)
- Garnish it with cilantro leaves and serve it hot.
- Add boondhi or bread crumbs for crispy texture to it
- Enjoy this Hot and Healthy bowl of Joy !!!!!!!!.
- Tomato puree can also be used in lieu of tomatoes.
- Lime juice can also be used in place of tomatoes.
- THIS RECIPE IS SENT FOR ONLY GREENS EVENT STARTED BY PARI VASHIST AND HOSTED BY SARASWATHI IYER..