- Chopped onion 1 cup
- Chopped vegetables 2 cups
- Biriyani / Masala paste 2 tbsp
(which contains both spices and ginger garlic )
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Basmathi Rice (1/2 kg or 2 cups)
- Water 3 and 1/2 cups
- Spices (a few)
- Green mirchi 4 to 6 nos
- Bay leaf 2 inch made in to small pieces
- Place oil in a micro safe bowl and micro it for 30 secs in high(900 w)
- Take off out side and add spices and again micro it for 2 min in high(900 w).
- Remove it outside ,and add chopped onion ,mix well.
- Now again micro it for 3 minutes in high.
- Remove it outside the microwave,now add chopped vegetables and micro high for 2 minutes.
- Take it outside add biryani paste / masala paste, and mix well.
- Micro it for 2 minutes,then take it outside.
- Then add water, rice and salt,and micro high it for 21 minutes.Check it out and mix well after 10 minutes.
- Then keep in micro high for the remaining 11 minutes,mix well again after another 5 minutes.
- Finally remove after a total of 21 minutes , after adding rice and water..
- Lastly micro it in low 180 w for 2 minutes.
Spicy masala rice is ready to serve..
- Keep a kadai on the stove,add oil,then after heating ,add onion pieces fry till light brown.
- Add the vegetables,fry for 5 min in low fire.
- Then also add ginger garlic paste,green chillies ,and spicy masala paste.
- Fry in low fire,add water in 1:2 ratio,then add washed rice,and salt.
- Cook in low fire,or else can cook in prestige pan.
- Just for 3 whistles in cooker,then switch it off.
Onion pieces very finely chopped into small pieces-2 nos
Green chillies-finely chopped 2nos
Tomato-1 no finely chopped
Coriander leaves-finely chopped
Salt to taste .
Mix curds with onionpieces,green chillies ,tomatoes and corriander leaves,all finely chopped.Add salt to taste.