Undrallu, Pappulo Undrallu, Palallo undrallu
- Yellow moongdal 2 cups
- Milk 1 to 1 1/2 cups
- Jaggery n sugar mixed 1and 1/2 cups
- Cardamon (powder) of 2 nos
- Saffron a pinch
- Pachha karpuram (optional)
- Rice flour half cup
- Milk 2 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Oil/ghee half tsp
- Water 1 cup
- Place a pan on the stove,add water,milk,and sugar n ghee ,let it boil.
- When it started boiling,turn the stove flame to low and add rice flour slowly without forming lumps.
- Mix it thoroughly and speedly,let it simmer by covering with a lid.
- After 2 to 3 min switch off the stove.Let it cool.After it turns cool,mash well and make small rounds and keep it aside with a lid.
- Meanwhile roast yellow moongdaal in a pan,in low temp,till it turns into very light brown colour.
- Immediately switch off the stove and wash for 4 to 5 times.
- Then add 5to 5 1/2 cups of water and cook moongdaal in a pressure cooker for 3 to 4 whistles.
- After it turns cool open the pressure cooker and mash the cooked daal well smoothly into a paste.
- Now add one cup of water and the milk to a pan and bring it to a boil. You can cook the undrallu prepared as above for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile place sugar n jaggery in another pan and add 1 cup of water,n boil it till medium consistancy.
- Now add the sugar jaggery mixture to the daal mixture and boil it.
- While it started boiling add the prepared round balls undrallu and also add saffron and cook it in low flame.
- Switch off the stove after it has boiled for 3 to 4 min.
- Now add elaichi powder for fragrance..
- Serve in a bowl.