- Extra firm tofu(cut into cubes of 1inch size)
- Peas and Carrot - 1 Cup
- Onion(Finely chopped/ Paste- 1 Big onion)
- Tomato(paste)- 4-5 Medium
- Chilli powder- To taste
- Dhania powder-2 tbsp
- Ginger-Garlic Paste -1 tbsp
- Garam Masala-1 tsp
- Oil-2 tbsp
Tofu: Tofu is made from soy milk and a very good source of protein. It is sold in soft white blocks. There are many varieties of this tofu. Here we are using Extra-Firm tofu for this recipe. We have to remove the water from the tofu before we cook by placing some weight on the tofu and gently pressing it. I generally take some pan filled with water as weight. I place the tofu in a drainer and gently press that with the pan filled with water/ or any weight.
- After removing the water from the tofu as mentioned above cut the tofu into small cubes.
- Then shallow fry the tofu until it turns light brown color and then place the tofu on a paper towel to remove the extra oil.
- Now take a pan and put some oil in it,now add 1/2 tsp jeera to it,fry for 30 seconds.
- Now add onion paste(/finely chopped) ,and fry till the raw smell evaporates for a few minutes.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes,next add tomato paste and again mix and cook for a few minutes.
- Add peas and carrot,lastly fried tofu cubes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add corriander powder,chilli powder,garam masala powder, salt and 1/4 cup of water and cook in low flame placing the lid above..
- It will take upto 10 to 15 minutes to be cooked.
- After it is cooked switch off the flame and let it remain for 10 minutes to settle.
- Serve hot with rotis or rice.