BLACK EYED PEAS SUBZI
The black eyed pea,is a subspecies of the cowpea,grown around the world.This small bean has a black circular "eye" at its inner curve.Serve this tasty and healthy dish with steaming hot cooked rice and rotis.
- Dried black peas-2 cups
- Onion finely chopped -1cup
- Oil-2 to 3 tbsp
- Green chillies-2 to 3 minced
- Chopped tomatoes/puree-1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Garammasala powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 th tsp
- Jeera powder-ground-1/2 tsp
- Dhania powder-1 tsp
- Chilli powder-1to 2 tsp
- SaltCurds-1/2 cup
- Cilantro-2 tbsp
- Soak black eyed peas for 6 hours.
- Pressure cook the soaked black eyed peas with 2 cups of water for 2 whistles and let it cool.
- Heat oil in a pan,and after it is heated,add chopped onion, and fry in low heat until transculent.
- Then add green chillies,ginger garlic paste ,saute well.
- Then add dhania,jeera ,masala powders fry for 1 minute.
- Next add tomato puree/pieces and cook until mushy,and now add cooked black peas along with water and also add salt and cook until thick.I make this a bit dry.
- After it is done,switch off the stove add curds,if u want it a bit thin n watery, and cilantro and serve.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.