Aloo with capsicum makes a good combination,and is a north indian dish copes well with naans and chhapathis,and rice etc.
- Aloo-2 nos-peeled and chopped in to pieces
- Capsicum-4 nos chopped into pieces
- Jalapenos-3 nos
- Red-1,orange-1 no.,green-1no.for extra spicyness
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- chilli powder-1 tsp
- Corriander powder-2tsp
- Jeera powder 1/2 tsp
- Masala powder1/4 tsp
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Jeeraseeds-1/2 tsp
- Heat oil(2tbsp) in a pan,and after it is heated add mustard seeds and jeera,and let them splutter.
- Then add chopped onion and fry till they are transculent.
- Now add capsicum and jalapenos and cook in medium temperature till they are 70% cooked,take off and keep them aside.
- Then again in the same pan add the left over 1 tbsp oil and add chopped aloo and cook covered till they are halfcooked,then add tomato paste and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now add the fried capsicum and jalapenos and mix well.
- Lastly add corriander ,jeera ,chilli and masala powders and salt one by one,cook in low temperature and mix them thoroughly.Cook for 5 min and switch off.Transfer in to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve hot with steamed rice or rotis..