Tuesday, March 30, 2010
ARATIKAYA KURA / BANANA CURRY
Aritikayalu/ Green Bananas: 2 No.s
Lemon juice(2 Lemons)
Mustard seeds- 1 Tbspn
Urad Dal- 1 Tbspn
Chana Dal- 1 Tbspn
Ginger - 2 "
Green Mirchi - 5 no.s
Red Mirchi - 4 no.s
Turmeric- 1/4 Tspn
Inguva/ Hing- 1pinch
Salt - As per the taste
1. Cook the banana pieces until soft on stove or in microwave.
2. Now drain the water from pieces.
3. Grind the ginger and green chillies and make it to paste.
4. Now take a pan and do the seasoning first, by adding urad dal, chana dal, mustard seeds, chilli-ginger paste, red mirchi, curry leaves, turmeric, hing.
5. Now in this, add the cooked banana pieces, add salt , close the lid and leave it for 5 mins on medium flame.
6. Now open the lid, add lemon juice and switch off the stove immediately.
7. Now relax and enjoy with rice or roti.
Note: If you want to have with roti make it less spicy by reducing ginger and green chillies.Quite often say once in a week i prepare this in my kitchen..
Labels: Curries/ Kuralu