CUCUMBER DAL..DOSAKAYA PAPPU
Cucumber pieces..chopped -2 cups
Tomato ..4 nos diced
Tamarind paste.. 3 table spoons
Dosakaya pappu, will be tasty if proper amount of Tamarind paste ot Tomatoes are used..For tangy touch.
For Seasoning:Mustard seeds ..1 tsp
Jeera ..1/2 spoon
Red chillies ..3 nos(made into slits)
Green chillies ..4 to5 nos as per choice
Garlic ..Nice taste..or
Oil ..2 table spoons
- First season it...place a small kadai on the stove,add Oil to it.
- After it gets heated add Mustard seeds,Jeera,Red chillie slits saute well.
- Then add Green chillie slits,Curry leaves and Garlic or hing.
- Keep aside a tsp of fried seasoning to garnish the dal in the end.
- Lastly add Cucumber slits,and immediately add water,to the same kadai for cooking Daal .
- The ratio of Dal n Water should be 1:2 1/2.. I prefer in my cooking
- Transfer in to a Pressure cooker and Pressure cook till 3 to 4 whistles till done.
- Let it cool,and transfer to a Serving Bowl.
- Garnish with the seasoning keep aside.