Adjust the tur dal quantity according to the sourness of the mango
- Maamidikaya ...(raw mango)peeled and chopped..1 cup
- Tur daal(kandi pappu) 2 cups
- Green chillies..Slits of 6 to 7 no.s
- Red chillies 3 nos
- Curry Leaves..chopped
- Hing or Garlic chopped finely
- Mustard seeds ..1 tea spoon
- Oil 2 spoons
- Haldi a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Wash and Pressure cook Turdaal ,mash it and keep aside
- Place a Kadai add Oil to it.
- After its heated add all the seasoning materials Mustard seeds,Red and Green chillie slits ,Hing or Garlic paste,and Curry leaves,saute it.
- Then add Raw Mango pieces, and water .Let it boil.
- Then after it is cooked, add the pressure cooked Daal, mix them according to your taste, mash it and lastly add Salt .
- According to individual taste the Mango mixture and cooked Daal can be added along with salt.
- A good combination is with fried Vadiyams and Majjiga Mirapakayalu