Thota kura..Amaranth leaves(chop)..3 cups
Tamarind paste..3 to 4 table spoons
Tomatoes chopped ..5 nos
For tangy taste amaranth dal needs more tamarind/tomatoes.
Salt as per taste
For Seasoning:Oil...2 table spoons
Red mirchi-2 nos..made in to slits
Green mirchi...2 nos..slits
Mustard seeds ..1/2 spoon
Jeera ..1/2 spoon
Turmeric powder...1/4 tspn
- First wash the Tur dal 2 to 3 times,then add the dal in to pressure cooker,chopped amaranth leaves,and green chillies..
- Add 3 cups of Water,also add the Tamarind paste(or Tomato pieces) to it.Stir well.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles of time.Switch off.After its cool open the cooker and add Salt to it.
- Take a kadai add oil and seasoning materials,on low heat.After it splutters switch off the stove.
- Now add the fried seasoning to the pressure cooker.
- If there is more water left, place it on the stove and cook in low flame for 5 more minutes.
- Note:Instead of adding tamarind paste directly, you can also add thick tamarind juice of lemon sized tamarind.