PURSELANE DAAL...GANGAVALLI KURA PAPPU
- Gangavalli Kura also called as Purslane in English,is a easily available Leafy vegetable anywhere around the world.
- Its grown in Wild everywhere besides roads but a very healthy and Nutritous food with all Vitamins.
Tur dal-1 cup (roast and wash it)
Gangavalli kura-1 cup chopped
Oil ..1 tbsp
Mustard seeds ..1/2 spoon
Jeera ..1/2 spoon
Red Chillies.. 2 nos
Green chillies ..4 to 5 nos
Garlic or Hing ...as per taste
Tamarind paste.. 1 tablespoon or
Tomato ..1 no optional
- Wash carefully the leafy vegetable and chop it.
- In a pan do seasoning,after it splutters add Tur dal washed and leafy vegetable,and also Tamarind or Tomato ,add water and Pressure Cook for 3 to 4 whistles time.
- Switch it off after done.Let it cool ,and mash it well after its cooled add Salt.
- If Garnishing is required add Seasoning of Mustard seeds.