- Beetroot..2 cups chopped cubes
- Grated Coconut(optional)..3 tbsp
Either freshly grated or frozen
- Salt- To taste
- Red chilli powder..1/2 Tsp..or according to your spice eating levels
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Jeera 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal 1 tsp
- Oil..2 to 3 tbsp
- Red chillies-2 no.s made in to slits
- Peel the skin of beetroot and chop in to cubes .
- Let them cook in a dowpan coolwith 4 cups nof water,strain the excess water after done.. and keep aside.
- Place a saute pan on medium flame, add some oil to it and add chana dal, red chillies, jeera, mustard seeds and let the seed splutter.
- Add the beet root pieces to the pan, add salt (if necessary) and add red chilli powder and stir them.
- You can add little grated coconut just before you switch off the heat. This is optional.
- Coconut adds a lot of flavor and authentic south Indian flare to it.