Vangibhath is a special made with brinjals,mainly by karnataka people.A less spicy food is very tasty enough.
Brinjals(sliced)-1 cup of slices
chopped and made in to slits
chopped into slits
Basmathi Rice 1 cup
Green chillies 4 to 5 nos
Made into slits
Oil or Ghee 2to 4 tbsp
Ginger n Garlic paste 2tsp
Some dont use garlic,for them
make a paste with ginger
and chopped onions..
Cloves 4 nos
Dalchini 1/2 inch
Jeera 1/2 tsp
Dhania 1 1/2 sp
1/2 sp mustard seeds
1 tsp Urad daal
1 tsp channa daal
1 no red chilli (slits)
Salt to taste
- First of all cook 1 cup of basmathi rice with 1 3/4th cups of water and keep it aside.(one and three fourth cups of water)
- Place a pan on the stove add oil or ghee to it.
- After heating add mustard seeds ,urad and channadaal ,red chilli slits,and after they pop up,add curry leaves.
- Next add ginger garlic paste,green chilli slits ,haldhi ,and onion pieces.Saute well in low fire for a few say 3 to 4 min.
- Then add chopped brinjal slits,and fry on a low flame,till the brinjals become tender and cooked.
- Lastly add salt and switch off.
For spicy powder:
- Next roast dhania ,jeera and cloves and cinnamon.. and powder it.. and keep aside.
- Now mix cooked rice ..along with brinjal curry ..well.It should be mixed well thoroughly.
- Vastly sprinkle the spicy powder on the vangi bhath and mix well.
- Serve in a serving bowl. Serve hot.