Aloo along with allam karam (Ginger and Green Chilli Paste) curry is one of the simplest way of cooking aloo.
- Boiled and mashed potato2 cups
- Ginger and green chilli paste 2 tsp(allam pachhimirchi karam)
- Jeera 1/2 tsp
- Red chillies 3 nos
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Haldhi a pinch
- Hing a pinch
- Lime juice 1 tsp optional
- Oil 2 to 3 tbsp
- Place a pan on the stove,add oil to it.After it is heated add redchilli slits,jeera,mustard seeds,and toss well.
- Let them splutter,and after they stop spluttering add curry leaves,haldhi,hing and mix well in low flame.Lastly add Allam karam(ginger green mirchi paste) and toss well.
- Now add boiled and mashed aloo and salt and mix well.Let it remain on the stove for a few minutes and switch off the stove.After 10 minutes add lemon juice (optional)to the curry. Serve hot.
- Ideal with rotis and steamed white rice..