SEMYA-CUSTARDSemya custard is a recipe prepared by combining both custard and semya.Freezed it for 1 to 2 hours,and have it,its delicious.Children like this
as there is a variation from general semya payasam.
- Milk 4 cups
- Semya 1 cup
- Sugar 2 cups
- Custard powder 2 to 3 tsp
- Milk 1 cup for custard
- Dry fruits 1/2 cup
Include cashew,raisins,badam 3 to 4 nos.
- Elaichi powder
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Place a pan on the stove and add 1 tbsp ghee to it.
- Now add dry fruits cashew ,raisins,and badam and fry it in low flame.After they are fried to brown colour,transfer them in to a plate.
- Retainthe leftover ghee in the same pan.
- Now add semya (crushed) and fry it in low flame till it turns a bit brown.Keep it aside.
- Now place another bowl on the stove and add 4 cups of milk,after it is boiled add shallow fried semya and cook in low flame,now add sugar and cook it for 5 to 10 mins in low flame.
- Lastlyadd elaichi powder and shallow fried nuts.
- Meanwhile boil 1/2 cup milk seperately,(which was kept for custard) and mix custard powder in another half cup milk and add slowly to the boiling milk,and prepare custard (also add 2 tsp sugar to it)
- Now mix both semya payasam and custard together well.Let it cool.
- Then freeze it for 2 hours.It turns to semi solid consistancy after it is freezed .Serve it cool.Children like the yummy taste ..