PALU UNDRALLUPalu undrallu,is also a variety made on chavithi.Children love this dish much,and enjoy it,so go for a trial for your kid.
- Milk.. 2 glasses
- Jaggery n sugar ..1 glass
- Saffron.. a pinch
- Elaichi powder..a pinch
- Rice powder 1/2 glass
- Oil 1/2 tsp
- Salt ..a pinch
- Water..1 glass
- Place a vessel with water in it,add oil and salt,let it boil.
- While boiling low the flame,and slowly add the Rice powder to it,mix well,mash well,so that lumps will not form ,after done,mix well,switch off the stove,placing a lid on it.
- After 10 mins,mix and mash the undrallu mixture,and prepare small balls with it.keep aside close the lid.
For palu undrallu:
- Meanwhile boil milk and also boil jaggery with sugar with a cup of water seperately.After the jaggery n sugar mixture started boiling and boiled for 3 to 5 min in low temp,mix with milk and add saffron,and undrallu(small round balls smaller than marbles).Boil for 5 mins in low temp then switch off.Now add elaichi powder.Serve hot ,even it tastes better when it is a bit freezed..
- It becomes thicker in consistancy when it is cooled..Children would love it.