PALU PAYASAM / MILK KHEER/PHIRNIPalu payasam is a delicious variety of payasam,very tasty especially children love it..
Dry fruits - each 1 tbsp
- Wash and soak rice for 20 min.
- After 20 min,take off the excess water and grind into a paste
- Take a micro safe bowl,add 2 tsp ghee and micro it for 30 seconds.Remove it ouside and add the dry fruits and again micro it for 1 minute,take out and keep aside.
- In a big microsafe bowl,boil milk at 40 % for 10 min,in between stir it thrice,beware while boiling milk or it may spill out.
- Add rice paste and sugar to the boiled milk,and micro it in 60% for 4 min.
- Remove it outside and stir it then again micro it in 60% for another 4 min.
- Remove it outside,again stir it,now add the condensed milk ,stir it well,and micro it for another 3 min.
- Lastly remove it ,and add essence,colour,elaichi powder,and fried dry fruits and micro it in 40%for 5 minutes.
- Mix it twice ,in between,and garnish it with dry fruits.
- Pala payasam thickens to semi solid consistancy after it is chilled.But if u need it to be in thin consistancy micro it for only 3 to 4 minutes in 40 %,and lessen the rice quantity a little in the beginning itself..