STAR FRUIT - RASAMStarfruit Rasam,a variation among rasams,instantly can be made into rasam/charu with it,and its very very tasty...done in microwave very easily in a fast way in a very few minutes..Give a try.
- Star fruit 1 number
washed and chopped in to piecesSalt
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Jeera 1/2 tsp
- Methi seeds a pinch
- Red chillies 3 nos
- Green chillies 3 nos
- Curry leaves
- Place the chopped star fruit pieces in a micro safe bowl with 1 cup of water ,micro high for 3to 4 minutes..
- Remove it outside and let it cool.
- After it is cool grind in to a paste with the left over water in it.
- Now add 2 cups of more water to the paste and mix well.Add salt to it.
- Now prepare seasoning in a kadai.Place oil and the seasoning materials,mustard seeds,jeera,red chilli slits,green chilli slits,methi seeds,hing and after they stop spluttering add curry leaves and green chilli slits.
- For seasoning in microwave,add oil in the bowl micro high for 20 seconds,then remove out and add all the materials of seasoning except curry leaves and green chilli slits and ginger slits and micro high for 1 minute.
- Take off add the seasoning to the star fruit mixture along with curry leaves,green chilli and ginger slits and mix well.
- Switch off the stove.
- Add the seasoning to star fruit mixture and boil well for 5 minutes in micro high ,in microwave or boil for 10 min on the stove.
- The best combination with this recipe is nuvvula podi/sesame powder with hot steamed rice and ghee ..