Basundhi ,is a famous chilled flavoured milk recipe liked by most of the people..it requires patience and take more time..But i did it in microwave and it lasted me just less than half an hour..Mothers can make this recipe sweet chilled milk and let their children have it without making fuss..
- Milk 500 ml
- Sugar 1 cup
- Khova 1 tbsp/condensed milk 1 tbsp
- Elaichi powder/essence
- Saffron a few strands
- Dry nuts 1to 2 tbsp
- Place half spoon of ghee in a microsafe bowl and micro high for 30 seconds.Remove it outside and add the dry nuts/fruits as per your choice and micro high for 1 minute.Keep them aside..
- Boil milk(micro in 360 degrees) in a microsafe bowl for 20 minutes,stir for every 3 to 4 minutes..I prefer to boil in low heat, to avoid milk not to spill ..By this time the milk will be boiled and reduced a little .Remove it outside,and add khova/condensed milk,sugar,saffron,and dry nuts and elaichi powder.
- Let it boil for another 10 minutes in low heat only.(stir for every 2 minutes)
- Thats all,remove from oven and mix well .Let it cool.After it is cool,place the milk in a refrigerator and freeze it for atleast 3 to 4 hours and serve..