Dosavakaya is a tradtional pickle from ancient days.. its a very quick and easy pickle can be done in less time.It stays for 2 weeks..
- Cucumber / dosakaya pieces 1 cup
- It should be well washed,dried with a cloth
- And should be chopped in to pieces
- The seeds etc should be removed.
- Mustard seeds 4 tbsp
- Should be smoothly powdered
- Red chilli powder 4 tbsp
- Salt 1 and 1/2 spoon
- Gingelle oil 4 to 5 tbsp
- In a bowl mix mustard powder,redchilli powder and salt with 3 tbsp
of gingelle oil .
- Mix well and lastly add the dosakaya pieces and mix thoroughly.
- Now place the entire mixture in a dry bottle..
- Set it with a spoon.
- Lastly add the remaining oil and close it.
- It can be consumed from the second day onwards.
- But some people add juice of 2 nos of lime and eat it
- from that day itself..in that case the pickle stays fresh for a week..