AVADA..DAHI VADA..PERUGU VADA..
PERUGU VADA / AVADA /DAHI VADA
For vada-Urad daal 1 cup
For dahi/ perugu-
Haldhi 1/2 tsp
For seasoning:Oil 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Jeera 1/2 tsp
Red chillies 2 nos.slits
Green chillies 2 nos.slits
Ginger pieces 1tsp
- Soak urad daal for 6 hours..
- Just before doing vadas ,beat the fresh curds with a spoon add salt and keep it aside..
- Now place a pan on the stove and add oil 2 tbsp for seasoning.
- After it is heated add mustard seeds and jeera,redchilli slits.And after they stop sizzling add green chilli slits,small ginger slits, and curry leaves and switch off after it is done.
- Then add the prepared seasoning along with haldhi and salt to the curds ,mix well and keep it aside covered..
- Meanwhile, wash soaked urad daal well ,drain and grind into a coarse paste using very less water..add salt ,mix well and keep it aside..
- Side by side heat oil in a pan for deep frying..now make vadas with a wet hand and fry vadas in the oil,by dropping slowly in to the oil one by one..
- At a time 3 to 4 vadas can be fried..after they attain gold colour (by medium frying)take them off and place in a bowl of cold water..after 3 to 4 minutes remove from water and place them in the curds..
- Likewise repeat the proceedure of dropping vadas in oil,frying, then placing in cold water,and again dropping in curds..Garnish with chopped cilantro if interested..
- The recipe is very tasty if the curds are fresh and done in a proper way..
- Urad daal can be used as with skin or without skin..With skin dal is a bit tough in washing the dal,but the taste will be superb..