TOMATO GREEN PEAS RICE..
TOMATO GREEN PEAS RICE
Tomato green peas rice ..is a very simple recipe and can be done within a few minutes of time..the ingredients required are very easily available in the day to day kitchen and no need to run to a vegetable market..
- Cloves 5 nos
- Sliced onion 1 cup
- Green chillies slits of 8 nos
- Green peas 1 cup
- Tomato slits of 6 nos
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Haldhi 1/4 tsp
- Oil 2 to 3 tbsp
- Pudina leaves/mint 1/4 cup
- Basmathi rice / rice 1 glass
- Water 2 glasses
- Cashew nuts 10 nos
- Biryani leaf 2 nos.
- Cardamom 5 no.s
- cinnamon stick 1 inch
- Place a cooker on the stove,add oil to it.
- After heating add cloves,onion pieces,green chilli slits and fry for some time till onions turn translucent.
- Then add green peas and let it simmer by closing it with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Next add chopped tomato pieces and mix thoroughly.
- Now add ginger garlic paste,and cardmoms..and cinnamon stick..and again let it simmer in a low flame by covering with a lid.
- Next add haldhi,and salt and mix well.
- Lastly add pudina and after mixing well add 2 glasses of water to it.
- After the water starts boiling add the washed basmathi rice and cook till it is done.
- Or if cooking in cooker cook for 2 complete whistles..
- Transfer in to a serving bowl,garnish with cashews which are fried in 1/4 tsp ghee.
- Serve hot with any raitha..
- Its a soft and yummy rice with very less spicyness..obviously children will love it..