SNAKE-GOURD CURRY/POTLAKAYA KURA
Snake gourd/Potlakaya-2 cups
Chopped in to pieces
Oil 2 tbsp
Urad daal 1tsp
Channa daal 1 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Red chilli 3 nos
Made in to slits
Green chilli 2to 3 nos-slits
Chilli powder 1/4 th tsp
Turmeric powder 2 pinches
- Add 1/2 tsp salt to the chopped snake gourd
- pieces,mix well,keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Now press the chopped pieces well for 2 to 3 minutes,with your hand and squeeze out /remove the water.
- Place the squeezed pieces in a bowl aside.
- Now place a kadai on the stove with oil in it.
- After the oil gets heated add urad and channa daals,mustard seeds,red chilli slits one by one.
- After they splutter add green chilli slits and curry leaves and mix well.
- Now add the squeezed snakegourd pieces,turmeric powder,mix well,and place the lid.
- And cook in a low flame,by placing the lid ,the curry will be cooked with water vapour.
- After 10 minutes add required salt and chilli powder too,and mix well.
- Let it simmer on a low flame until cooked..lastly add extra Tadka made by chanadal, Uradal , red mirchi for garnishing..
- Serve hot