GUMMADIKAYA PACHHI VADIYALU
Budidha gummadikaya..ash gourd ..is used to prepare as Vadiyalu..vadiyams..which we can use and fry in all the meals all over 12 months..but for preparing as bhajiyas or bondas,tender one is required..here in groceries stores,we could get 2 small pieces of ash gourd, so got it home and tried..
- Gummadikaya ..2 pieces
- Urad dal 3/4 corelle coffee cup
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Table Salt..to taste
- Hing ..2 pinches
- Oil..for frying
- A washed cloth
- Mortar ..to be used as a weight
- Wash the ash gourd pieces..and chop them in to fine slits.
- Place the slits on a square cloth ..add 1 tsp salt..tie the cloth with a rope a,as a potli..and squeeze the excess water.
- I placed a large vessel,and a strainer in it..then placed the potli in it,and kept a mortar as a weight.. for every 10 minutes,I used to squeeze and again placed in the strainer , with mortar on it..like wise 4 to 5 times,I did this, and could manage to remove the excess water from it.
- Meanwhile (soak the washed Urad dal in water for 4 hours,and grind it in a mixie jar,with very less water..just as we do for Urad dal Vadas.. garelu .
- Place the ash gourd pieces,in a vessel,add the required amount of Urad dal batter,and add chilli powder,salt and hing..mix well.
- Now the batter is ready..so place a pan on the stove with oil to fry.
- After the oil is heated in medium heat ,place the batter as bondas,or dumplings in to the oil..
- First 2 minutes let the dumplings bondas fry,then turn over..
- Remove them from heat after they are fried ..into brown colour.
- These bondas require more time to fry in medium heat,or else,if it is high heat the outside portion will be fried,and inside portion will be raw..So see that..
Here you go.. for video..