Mamidi kaya pappu/Mango dal..In IP..In my way..
Mango dal is a delicious tangy tasty dal which each and every one opts in warm rice with a dallop of ghee..In IP it's too easy to cook,neatly done..Unlike pressure cooker..we will do it here now..
- Tur dal... 3/4 cup
- Raw mango cubes...1 cup.. check the tangyness of mango
- Green chillies..5 to 6
- Salt..To taste
- Oil..3 to 4 tbsp
- Mustard seeds..1 tsp
- Jeera..1 tsp
- Methi seeds..1/4 th tsp
- Red chillies..5 to 6..Make slits.
- Garlic flakes..5 to 6..Finely chopped(optional)
- Curry leaves chop.1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder..1/4 tsp
Here you go for..Video...
- Place washed tur dal along with mango cubes and green chilli slits in Instapot Insertor and add 2 cups water.
- Set the instapot to 11 minutes manually,turning the vent to sealing position.
- After cooking and beeping is done,leave for a while,so that the dal is steam cooked well.
- Meanwhile prepare seasoning on stove top.Place a pan on stove,add 3 to 4 tbsp oil,after heating,add mustard, jeera and methi seeds and red chilli slits,and lastly curry leaves chop and garlic chop... Add all the tadka materials one by one and fry well.
- Add the prepared tadka to the mango dal in ip,add salt,chilli levels and adjust tangy ness ..mix well.
- Again manually set for 2 minutes.. and cook in IP..
- After done.. leave it for 5 minutes ,and remove out .by releasing pressure..
- Mix well.. Transfer in to a bowl..Serve with warm rice and a dallop of ghee..