Potla kaya..Snake-Gourd stir fry is a recipe very easily done and a choice for every days menu..
Over to video...
- Potla kaya/snake-gourd.. Chopped
- Salt..To taste
- Oil..3 to 4 tbsp
- Urad dal..1 tbsp
- Jeera..1 tsp
- Red chilli..4 to 5 no.s...make slits
- Green chilli 5 no.s...Make slits.
- Asafoetida..A pinch
- Turmeric powder..1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves.. 1 tbsp. Chopped pieces
- Add 1 tsp salt to the chopped potla kaya and press and squeeze them so excess water is out..Keep the squeezed pieces aside..
- Switch IP ..turn to Saute mode..Add oil ..after its On ..After its heated add seasoning materials,and fry.. after done add chopped potla kaya pieces and stir fry for 5 mins.Switch off the IP..
- Now close the IP lid..And manually set to pressure cook for 5 minutes,closing the Vent..
- The chopped pieces will be cooked and become soft by this.. after done..Leave for 10 mins,then pressure release and open.
- Turn Saute and stir fry,if any water left...Next add chilli powder and salt,mix well..
- check chilli levels and salt levels..Switch after 5 more minutes..
- Transfer in to a container after a while..
- Take out limited quantity and Garnish with 1 tbsp of scrapped coconut..Only on limited amount ..