SPINACH DAL..PALAKURA PAPPU
- Tur dal..1 cup..250 ml
- Spinach..Washed n chopped..3 to 4 cups..More is better.
- Tomatoes..4 no.s..Chopped
- Onion..1 medium ..Chopped finely
- Green chillies.. 2 no.s
- Turmeric..1/2 tsp
Here you go..For video..
- Tamarind paste...3 to 4 tbsp
- Salt..To taste
- Ghee/Oil..2 tbsp
- Red chillies..3 to 4 no.s.. Make slits
- Mustard..1 tsp
- Fenugreek/methi seeds..1/4 tdp
- Garlic flakes..Finely chopped..2 tbsp
- Place washed tur dal,chopped spinach,tomato chop and onion chop and green chilli slits,in the insertor of IP and add 2 and 1/2 cups of water...Mix well.
- Place the lid of IP and set Manual mode for 11 minutes, close the pressure release Vent..
- After it beeps,and cooking done,leave as it is for 10 minutes..
- Then pressure release vent,and open it.
- Meanwhile,prepare seasoning in a pan on stove top..Add ghee/oil(ghee gives a rich taste and flavour)
- After the ghee is heated add mustard,methi seeds,red chilli slits,and after they crackle,add garlic flakes chop and fry until the garlic is fried,and the raw smell is completely gone.
- Add the prepared seasoning to the spinach dal in Instapot,and also add tamarind paste and salt..Adjust snd add,salt and chilli powder,if needs.
- Again set IP in manual mode for 2 minutes and cook the dal with seasoning..As usual closing vent ..
- After beeping and the cooking is done,leave it as it is for 5 minutes,and then pressure release it and open.
- Transfer in to another bowl after warm..and serve ..