Uthhappam..a South Indian breakfast ,a type of dosa,unlike cryspy dosa and crepes , it's thick like a pancake with toppings..
The dosa batter we make,is a bit different..
- 1 cup of Urad dal,we add
- 1 tbsp of tur dal and
- 1 tbsp of chanadal for colour and cryspy ness..
- 1 spoon of Fenugreek.. Methi seeds for binding..
- 3 cups of rice.. seperately soaked,
and seperately grinded in vitamix..which gave a smooth texture..add less say 1 tbsp salt,and fermented it for 12 hours.. then store in a fridge..it will stay fresh for 4 to 5 days.
Here you go..for VIDEO...
- For 4 ladles of dosa batter,add more than 1/2 glass of water and adjust salt if not sufficient..
- Place a pan,and after its heated,chk by sprinkling handful water..wipe water with a paper tissue..apply 1/2 tsp oil to the tawa or pan..pour 2 laddles of dosa batter and spread..
- Pour 2 ladles and spread small and thickly..add toppings and apply 1/2 tsp oil..after its done,turn back and again apply 1/2 tsp oil..remove after done.. serve with chutney..