ALLAM ULLI GARELU...GINGER ONION VADA...Allam ulli garelu is a tasty snack,a special dish of all indians..
and no meals in festivals are complete without ulli garelu/minapa garelu, especially for Sankranthi or Ugadi or Divali etc..
- Urad dal ..1 cup
- Ginger piece.. 1 inch
- Green chillies.. 4 to 5 nos
- Onion.. 1 no...Finely chopped
- Salt..to taste
- Oil ..for deep frying
- Soak urad dal for 6 hours of time.Wash well and strain the excess water ,and wet grind in to a paste while just sprinkling water.(very less water is needed)
- Lastly add salt, and after it is grinded remove it in to a bowl.
- Meanwhile chop finely green chillies ,ginger and onion .Now mix these in the batter and mix thoroughly well.Keep it aside.
- Place a kadai with oil on the stove and heat it.
- After the oil is heated,take a small portion of the batter,place in the palm make a small hole and drop slowly in to the oil for deep frying..