ALOO ULLI KARAM CURRY ... INSTAPOT WAY..
- Aloo/potatoes...8 no.s
Cooked..peeled and mashed..
- Onions..1 big..chopped
- Red chillies 6 to 8 no.s...or..red chilli powder 2 tbsp..
- Jeera 1 tsp
- Tamarind paste..2 to 3 table spoons
(According to your taste,if more chillies or spice is used then increase tamarind paste from tea spoon to table spoon)
- Salt..to taste
- Oil..3 to 4 tbsp
- Urad dal
- Mustard seeds
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Method..in my way..
- Curry leaves chop
- Make a paste of onion ,with red chillies..add 1 handful water and grind it in to a paste.
- Instapot method...Turn IP on Saute mode..when warm add 3 to 4 tbsp oil.
- Add Urad dal ,Mustard,jeera seeds..after they crackle,add onion chilli paste and fry it..beware of burning in IP if it's not thoroughly mixed well..
Here you go..for VIDEO..
- Fry until the raw smell goes..it will take a few minutes to fry..
- Then add mashed/chopped boiled potato and saute well for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lastly add tamarind paste and salt and scrape well in the bottom of the vessel..and stir fry..for a couple of minutes,and switch off.
- Take off the IP pan..vessel from IP and keep it on table..transfer in to another bowl and serve..with rotis or warm rice..