Paramannam is prepared in Lord Vishnu temples and also in the temples of Lord Surya etc. , and also in pujas as prasadam in our homes.It tastes yummy and is healthy as it is cooked with milk.
- Milk 3 to 4 cups
- Rice 1 cup
- Sugar/jaggery 1 to 1 1/2 cups
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Elaichi powder 1 to 2 pinches
- Cashews 3 nos
- Raisins 6 nos
- Boil milk in a pan,after it starts boiling add rice(need not wash),and cook it in low flame till it is cooked directly on the stove.
- After it is cooked completely add sugar ,and (add a little water upto 1 cup if u want it to cook soft )cook.
- Lastly add elaichi powder and fried cashew and raisins( shallow fry them in 1 tsp of ghee and keep aside).L
- Lastly add ghee and mix well and serve in a bowl.
- After boiling milk in a pressure cooker add rice to it ,close the lid and cook for 3 whistles.
- Meanwhile place sugar in another pan and add 1 cup of water too,bring to a boil .Switch off the stove after the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Now open the cooker(after it is cool) and pour the sugar pakam into it,and mix well.
- Again switch on the stove and cook in a low flame.
- After it is well cooked softly add elaichi powder,shallow fried cashew and raisins, and also ghee,mix well.
- Switchoff the stove and transfer it in to a bowl.
- Add a pinch of pachha karpuram if u like it.
- It tastes yummy, we prepare it for Ratha sapthami ,and Ekadasi.