Chole/Sindhi Channa masala, is a north indian recipe suitable with chapathis/rotis and also steamed rice is very famous among indians.
- Chole(soaked for above 6 hours and boiled)-1 cup
Mash the boiled chana a little bit with a mash spadle.
- Chana boiled water,stored and kept aside
- Onion slices-3/4 cup
- Tomato 1 large..chopped and grinder into a paste
- Tej Patta..1 made into 3 pieces
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- Dhania powder 1tbsp,jeera powder half teaspoon
- Chole masala or garam masala -1 tsp
- Cloves 2 nos
- Dalchini 1/2 inch
- Oil 2 to 3 tbsp
- Chilli powder 1/2 tsp..adjust to your choice.
- Salt to taste
- Place a kadai on the stove,and add oil to it.
- Once the oil is hot, add cloves, dalchini, chopped onion slices and fry till onions turn translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and after frying it for a minute,add tomato paste and fry until the raw smell goes.
- Add chole masala powder, chilli powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Lastly add boiled channa/chole and chana boiled water too, salt and let it cook until done.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rotis/rice.